- Waves conducts its own Moot Court Competition called Lex Omnia where students from Law Colleges take part in a competition of simulated court proceedings.
- Participating teams should consist of two mooters and two researchers.
- Participants must be regular bonafide students of their institution and enrolled in either undergraduate 5-year integrated L.L.B or 3-year Degree Law Programmes.
- Invitation for the competition shall be subject to a maximum participation of 36 teams on an elimination based on the memorials.
- The event will consist of Preliminary Rounds, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and the Final. Each team shall compulsorily present oral arguments for both sides – claimant and respondent in the preliminary rounds.
- The top 8 teams from the oral rounds will be selected for the quarter finals provided the team has won both preliminary rounds.
- The quarter finals and the semi finals will be knockout rounds. 65
Timing of the Event
- Day 0: Orientation.
- Day 1: All day Preliminary Rounds.
- Day 2: All day Advanced Rounds.
- Day 3: 3-hour Final Round.
- Marking Criteria for memorials will be provided in the Lex Omnia Rulebook.
- Judging criteria for Oral Rounds will be announced during orientation
Detailed rules regarding eligibility and other event rules are provided in the Lex Omnia Rulebook.